I want to start off by saying I am not a fitness expert in anyway shape or form, but for me, these are five things that worked well for me, and keep me on a healthier path. We are all works in progress and I hope these tips will help in yours.
I am not a breakfast girl, it's very hard for me to motive myself to eat in the earlier morning hours. I am a lady who loves to brunch, I love to eat around 10 or 11am, but we all know that is not good for the metabolism. So with a very strong cup of coffee, I mix together flaxseed flour and Kefir, it's a small 1/2 cup of Kerif mixed with a tablespoon of flaxseed flour, it's light, tasty, and also keeps you full through the morning. Most mornings I blend up a tablespoon of flaxseed flour and 1/2 cup of Kerif with frozen fruit, and a touch of milk, it makes a great smoothie. The Kefir and flaxseed are great for your digestion!
If you are feeling tired all the time, feeling bloated all the time or even unable to focus, it could be linked to digestive health. A few months ago I was suffering from this problem, no matter what I ate or how much, I never felt good and it felt like my food was just sitting. It's one of the reasons why I started this personal fitness routine. At 31, I felt awful! I was tired, stressed and moody, so I started researching what I could do to fix this problem. Fixing my digestive health was the first step. One of the blogs I read to get health advice is Dr. Axe. He has great tips, recipes, and even products. One of the best things I did to jump start my digestive health was a 21-day colon cleanse. Do not get scared off its extremely easy and cheap.
Day 1 to 7: just mix about 1 tbsp of flaxseed flour with a 100 ml of kefir.
Day 8 to 14: Mix 2 tbsp of flaxseed flour with 100 ml of kefir.
Day 15 to 21: add 3 tbsps of flaxseed flour to 150 ml of kefir.
Use freshly ground flaxseed if you are unable to get the flour. Just by some flaxseed and grind them to a fine powder.
Use this recipe every morning before breakfast and according to the mixing instructions above for 21 days.
Ensure that you consume lots of water while engaging in this treatment, drink no less than two liters daily. (From Blog: EraDaily.com/HealthyLifestyleZone.com)
I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GREAT THINGS ABOUT DRY BRUSHING, I DISCOVERED DRY BRUSHING ABOUT A YEAR AGO, AND IT HAS CHANGED MY SKIN. LIKE MANY WOMEN MY SKIN GETS DRY AND CRACKED, HAS CELLULITE AND STRUGGLES WITH POOR CIRCULATION . DRY BRUSHING IS A GREAT AND EASY WAY TO HELP WITH ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS, WITHOUT SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON CREAMS AND LOTIONS, THAT DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT DRAIN YOUR POCKETBOOK. EVERYDAY BEFORE I STEP INTO THE SHOWER I TAKE 5 MINUTES AND DRY BRUSH MY SKIN, AFTER MY SHOWER I RUB ON COCONUT OIL AND GO ABOUT MY DAY.
How to Dry Brush
There are a few steps that are needed to dry brush correctly. With a little practice, you can enjoy this wonderful benefit and your skin will thank you. Not only will you feel better, but your skin will being to regain that youthful appearance.
- Purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle so that you can reach all areas of your body. Avoid the synthetic brushes.
- Remove any clothing and stand in a bathtub or shower to catch the falling dry skin.
- Do not wet the skin. Dry brush your skin while it is dry.
- Starting at the bottom your feet, move in long sweeping motion toward your heart. Stroking away from your heart can put extra pressure on the valves within the veins and lymph vessels, causing ruptured vessels and varicose veins.
- Brush each area several times and overlapping as you go to ensure that you do not miss a spot. Be careful over the more sensitive areas, such as the breasts. You may want to avoid the nipple area. It may feel more sensitive the first few times, but your skin will become less sensitive with consistent dry brushing.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, step into the shower and bathe as you normally would.
- After you have showered, pat your skin dry and apply a natural oil like rose hip, olive or coconut oil to your entire body. Try this all-over homemade body butter or check out the DIY recipe I have here! (Dry Brushing Guide From DrAxe.com)
If you are anything like me drinking water is a chore! I just hate it, if my water isn't mixed with grape juice I do not want it. (That's a wine joke) I do however love cucumber, so I take my water bottle fill it with water and I add in the cucumber slices, and it keeps me drinking water throughout the day. There are great infuser water bottles out there, add fruit, and herbs to create different flavors, so you don't get bored.
I am not fabulous at workouts or workout routines, and I never go to the gym. I do not want to do kickboxing, Zumba, or any other fitness trend that people are losing their mind over either. I also don't want to spend a fortune (that I don't have) on a personal trainer. So with that said I have jumped on the yoga bandwagon. It's a little something I do for me each and every day, right in the comfort of my own house. Last month I started a 30-day yoga challenge with Yoga with Adriene. She has a ton of amazing yoga routine on YouTube, no matter your fitness or experience level.
Grab a partner!
One of the best things you can do for yourself is to have a partner in crime. Someone to hold you accountable for your goals, to get you motived and let's face it, it's just more fun! We as humans are social creatures so grab a partner and get out there. Do whatever it takes, start small go on a bike ride or walk around your neighborhood. Just get active and share in the fun with friends, a boyfriend or pet.